I have the book but will have to search it out later. The volume is more a history about "Godey's Lady book", one of the leading fashion journals of the 19th Century. What is the approximate year of the hood you are trying to make?I am aware that this small history book also has illustrations taken from the larger year books of the magazine itself. If I knew the year, I could look it up in the original. (I have a sizable library of Godey's, Peterson's, Arthur's, and the Delinator) Also, do not forget the Costume Library (Penny Lardniere) as a resource.

Kathleen
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sylvia Rognstad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Historical Costume" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:43 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Mr. Godey's Ladies

Does anyone have this book? I'm trying to pattern the hood on page 63. I started out with a simple hood and figured it looks like it is drawn up in the back to form the pleats. If so, I can't figure out what holds it in place other than a fitted lining underneath and that just seems more complex than it probably is, but maybe I'm wrong. It's from the 1850s-60s before the complex bustle draping came in.

If you don't have the book and are interested in looking at the picture, I can take a photo and upload it somewhere. Do we have a place for this list to do so?

Sylrog