> The newest computer machines will even measure the button for
> you, and make the hole the correct size. They memorize the size, and sew
> all the holes the same.

     Actually I remember something from waaaay back, maybe in the 70s, a
style where you would place your button in the attachment rather than
a cam. Not sure if it made allowances for button thickness, though. A
thick or domed button needs a bit more than the usual diameter+
buttonhole.

     I agree with setting up a dedicated machine with the buttonholer
attachment. Just make sure it's the type where you can change the
cams from the top, without having to remove the attachment each time.
;-)

     -Carol