Margo Anderson wrote:
I tried an eyelet plate and found it nearly impossible to use on large garments like dresses with big skirts, because of having to spin the fabric around it. They didn't want to fit through the (mind blip, whatever the name is for that space between the needle part and the body of the machine) How do you handle that?

Besides origami or a long-arm quilting machine?

I'm a serious fan of creative rolling, folding and pinning to reduce the bulk into the smallest managable volume. Yes, it makes your reset time between eyelets longer.

I'm also a fan of old flat-bed sewing machines built into huge cabinets with large work-spaces.

Of course, if appropriate, you could always make eyelet self-tape and stitch it down to the garment to save the big fiddling.

andy