----- Original Message -----

I would separate/remove the batting/quilting for about six seven
inches from the waist - depending on where you'd like that extra to
burst into life - so that you are only gathering/pleating one layer of
fabric without the batting to the waistband.

it's what I've done working with quilted fabrics at seams where I
didn't want bulk, trim away batting and extra layers as needed.

alex
--
So much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…