The ones I can find around here are too short. I bought 2 packs today and they
were 11" and about 2-3 inches too short for my torso. I'll go looking again
tomorrow.

The bamboo I was considering is a Japanese kind used for making furniture and
it doesn't splinter unless it's cut that way. It grows about 40 feet tall and
sections are around 15-20" long. It's diameter can be up to 6 inches. It's like
a forest in his yard. I'd need only one at that size. I may try a few and see
what happens but I plan to make the top of the channels with a removable tape
so I can remove the boning if I have to wash it anyway.

Sincerely, Rebecca Rautine