On Jun 15, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Kimiko Small wrote:

While I don't know the specific reasons Margo didn't include it anyway (she could have),

Mostly, it was a matter of space. One more tissue sheet would have made the package too big to fit in our standard packaging or in a Priority Mail envelope, and I would have had to split the pattern up and create a separate underwear package. Since the farthingale would have been virtually identical to the one in my Elizabethan underpinnings package, I chose to leave it out and let those who want to use a farthingale and/or separate corset, purchase that one.

For those who want a later Tudor look, as in the portrait of Elizabeth as a princess, I added a second set of cutting lines to the bodice so that it can be made with a pointed waist, and made sure that the skirt was full enough to accommodate a farthingale.

Margo