After all the discussion about the black beads in other portraits, I see the
black squares in the Princess ELizabeth portrait as the black with a white spot
like someone said. Could these be diamonds instead of onyx or some other black
stones?The pearls are black here, but maybe the others are.
 One site that reproduces Renaissance jewelry has this as a white diamond
instead of the black square on the necklace part. I'm making this complete
outfit for my daughter. Are these suppose to be white diamonds instead of the
black squares? I never thought about it until the recent eye-opening research
on black pearls in paintings.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Rautine