On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Elizabeth Walpole <
ewalp...@grapevine.com.au> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this is from the decoration in the British Parliament,
> there
> is a series of all the kings and queens of England and they all have a gold
> background and a caption underneath,
> I think it was done in the Victorian period but I don't know for sure.
> Elizabeth

http://www.explore-parliament.net/nssMovies/index.htm
Yep. Start from Elizabeth of York and work down for the specific examples.
http://www.explore-parliament.net/nssMovies/02/0279/0279_.htm
Anne Boleyn is actually from a portrait of Anne of Bohemia. Seems to have
been mis-named for a long time as I saw the same (original) portrait in an
old encyclopedia under Anne's Boleyn's entry ;)

Other images on the site have modern-ish interpretations too ;)
http://www.explore-parliament.net/nssMovies/01/0169/0169_.htm
http://www.explore-parliament.net/nssMovies/01/0193/0193_.htm

I must flee or I'd have fun looking for other interpretations. They seem to
tell a lot about the period they are created in.

Michaela
http://glittersweet.com