Don't judge the book by it's cover. I have read books about black haired
heroines, which have a picture of a blonde heroine on the front.

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Käthe Barrows
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:37 AM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Question about a portrait

> Historically accurate or not, it looks like a good project to play
> around with,

One the one hand, I'd go for "not".  On the other hand, I own a 1960s
Romance novel in paperback, with a "Renaissance" dress on the cover that's
so bad I'd like to recreate it on a doll.  I spent twenty-five cents on that
book just for the cover.  It purports to be historical fiction.  I'd give it
"fiction", but I refuse to actually read it.

--
Carolyn Kayta Barrows