Comic Con is during July in San Diego and will be broadcast live on G4 (cable
station).  G4 was advertising it Sunday during the Ninja Warrior marathon.  You
might get to see it on satellite TV.  I am giving it up to go to World Con.

Right now is Con season.  I was at Anime Con Mid-Atlantic this past weekend.
It was really fun!  They showed so much enthusiasm!  I ran across people from
Costume Con at AMA.  It was great to meet a whole new generation of costumers.

Balticon and Costume Con has classes.  I am working on Balticon photos right
now.  I took a wonderful beading class at Balticon.  I came upon Costume Con
people at Balticon.  I finally got to meet Karen Dick there and h-costumer,
Judy Mitchell.  I love Judy!  She set up a special photo session with me for
the wonderfully funny CostumeCon 1889-Steampunk Style.  I will be spending a
day or two prepping those photos.  There were 17 people in the presentation.

You can find my Costume Con photos at http://www.costumeslideshows.com/ .
After I add Balticon photos this week, I am going back and adding the Costume
Con Masquerade photos.

Costume Society of America has several regional symposiums (sp? forgot the
plural spelling.)  So if you miss the national, you might catch a regional.
CSA national and Costume Con generally run in the same month.

The Halloween costume trade shows are in Feb. & March.  Feb. show was in
Houston this past year and Mar. 2010 is in Chicago.  There was another in
Pennsylvania in April.  This is where the dealers go to buy.  April's show was
open to the public. When I finish putting the images from the past months cons
online, I will be putting images from the Las Vegas trade show online.  We
photographed the fashion shows for Halloween and the lingerie shows.  We also
videotaped the shows.  Here is the website for the Chicago 2010 show:
http://www.hcpshow.com/

Two of photographers are trying to persuade me to going back to Vegas for the
balloon fashion show that someone mentioned last week.

In the mid-Atlantic states re-enactments start generally in March/April and are
in full bloom in Virginia in Sept.  I followed that circuit a few years ago
booking two events a day on weekends.

Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
www.costumegallery.com