On Aug 4, 2009, at 5:47 PM, Lavolta Press wrote:

I really can't see reading Twitter, it sounds like my idea of Hell.

You add each person you want to "follow" — so you can control the signal to noise ratio. I imagine it's handy for people who are away from their computers for most of the day since one can set it up to send the tweets as text messages to the phone. In which case they would have a data plan for the phone...

Some people post maybe three interesting things in a week, and others let the world know each day that they woke up and had breakfast, showered, had lunch, etc... I don't follow those. It could also be useful to share experiences while on vacation or at a convention.

I very much prefer the messages to come in through e-mail. There are so many forums now where you have to go to a different web page to check them. Some I check every day, others maybe once a month and next thing you know it's been a few months since I looked at it.

     -Carol