From: Hanna Zickermann <h.zickerm...@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] HELP!
To: "Historical Costume" <h-cost...@indra.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 2:16 PM

Hi,

there´s a method called radial projection or something like that.

Get a rather large copy of the pattern you want to make and have the scale on
the copy. Glue the copy on a large sheet of paper. Choose one point in a corner
of the pattern piece and draw long lines from there through the "important
points". One after another, multiply these distances with the factor you need
to get the full-size scale and mark this new distance on the line. Connect all
important points and you will get a full scale pattern. I find it hard to
explain without a drawing how to do it, and my English is quite tired right
now, but I hope you understand what I mean. It´s really easy and a lot faster
than using a grid - which is a method where usually can´t count the boxes and
end up with a really strange pattern piece...

Hanna