"My other goal for today that didn't happen was to try just the photocopying method. Is there any particular number of times that anyone knows of that I should enlarge each scaled down peice? If the pieces are 1/4 scale, would that mean I'd enlarge them 75%? Oy, math definitely isn't my cup of tea, I'm just wishing now the author was more clear on how to scale up. It sort of leaves no purpose to have patterns if one has to pretty much redraw each peice!?"

I have used a photocopier to enlarge lettering for a banner but not for pattern pieces. Unfortunately you can't just enlarge, say one inch to four inches, by using 400% - the photocopier enlarges by area not length. I just experimented until I got the right size - most photocopiers let you set a 'custom' %. You will probably have to enlarge your first size and then enlarge your enlargements! You just need time and to be ready for 'millions' of sheets of paper. But once you have it worked out you can get your pieces and sellotape them together!

Good luck
Viv