Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 13:02:26 -0400
From: Elena House <exst...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Viking alternate history--14thC/15thC Vinland?

2009/9/29 K?the Barrows <kay...@gmail.com>:
> And I was thinking how they would look by the 21st century.
[snip]

I'm thinking especially of leather; there's been a lot of discussion
of leather being used for this, that, or the other historical garment,
and the general concensus seems to be either, "shyeah, right" or later
on, "maybe once in a blue moon, but not typically."  Right now I'm
picturing a deerskin redingote (or better yet, schaube) and liking
it...

-E House