On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Cin <cinbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Whatever the reason, costumers are probably making something.  So,
>> what's your dressmaker's dummy wearing today?
 Paula said> I always love it when this post comes around.

Thanks!  I usually do it when I'm stuck on or between projects.  This
time, my best machine is at the doctor's & the others arent up to the
jobs at hand.

Euphrosnia is wearing a boned red silk taffeta petticoat of the Tudor
Tailor variety.  It's finished, dramatic & beautiful but came out much
too large for me as I abruptly lost a lot of weight.  Considering
remodeling it. Sulking.  She's also wearing a vintage 1930s hat given
me as a thank gift from a dance friend who asked me to come look and
evaluate his mother's & grandmother's vintage clothes.

Adonis is dressed as a flasher wearing only the jacket of 1750s
gentleman's suit that needs some buttons sewn back on.  It will be
done in time for the Playford Ball.

The heads, Anne, Catherine & Charles are wearing the same old 19th c
bonnets, except for Catherine who's wearing a tacky turban of batt to
resize her as a form to make a friend's new "flowerpot" hennin.

Paula said> Happy sewing to all of you, may your thread be strong and
your seams be straight.

Awesome!

--cin
Cynthia Barnes