I have two pairs of Gingher scissors (with fairly short blades, the kind you use for trimming seams rather than cutting out) and two pairs of fancy embroidery scissors (brand unknown) that are unusably coated with rust. They are all relatively new and I'd prefer to make them usable instead of replacing them. Long story, but the rust is my husband's fault. I insisted that he clean them. First he tried a product called Never-Dull that comes on precoated little fibrous sheets (and is supposed to clean practically any metal), then he tried naval jelly and a toothbrush.

They still have a fair amount of rust on them. Does anyone know of a product or method for cleaning them? I am sorry, but I don't know what metal the blades are made of.

Fran
Lavolta Press
Books on making historic clothing
www.lavoltapress.com