Actually, the body draping looks like a purchased horse blanket/cover. Only
the head covering was created, I'm pretty sure.

-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Patricia Dunham
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 1:42 PM
To: Historical Costume
Subject: Re: [h-cost] pseudo historic costume

umm, as a former 4-H-er from back when rocks were soft ... it MIGHT be
possible that the green horse barding was judged higher for reasons such as:

MAYBE the young lady in pink did her own machine sewing?  MAYBE the two-part
green body draping was more complicated?  MAYBE the full-head fabric
covering was a more complicated piece?  MAYBE the respective horse's
behavior, relative to the situation, was a factor?
(maybe pink dress's horse put up well with a LOT more weirdness???)

The "Knight's" outfit is pretty spectacular, though, 8-)

chimene