On 1/14/2011 3:57 PM, Marjorie Wilser wrote:
Suggestion:

Since Barbie doesn't _need_ the support, make it to-the-eye look good, and use boning (toothpicks, giggle!) only in front, so the clothing doesn't collapse in the underboob space she has. And don't use bones in the sides or back. Just stitch channels and don't fill 'em.

You'll need edge stiffeners, front and back, so you can lace the bodies.

I had thought about leaving "bones" out altogether and perhaps stiffening the entire garment with an interlining of some type, then doing false channels. Perhaps buckram? But your suggestion of just doing the front is also appealing!