On 7/24/2011 10:16 AM, Heather Rose Jones wrote:
On Jul 23, 2011, at 6:36 PM, "Susan B. Farmer"<sfar...@goldsword.com>  wrote:

Second -- what I'm looking for is what was Medieval/Renaissance Dress. Our dean
keeps saying that Academic Dress (tm) is unchanged since the 14th Century -- I
want to know what 14th C Academic Dress looks like!

When I get home I'll give you the reference for what I found when I had a similar
question. The short version of my own conclusions was "the styles are clearly
related, but if you showed up at a modern college graduation wearing a 14th c cap and
gown, it would be instantly identified as odd. "

Thanks! I've threatened to do just that, though. I'd probably check with TPTB first, though!

Susan
--
Susan Farmer
sfar...@goldsword.com