Mine was born in Kansas in 1887. Yes on all accounts except for the trousers <grin>; they were a really conservative family.

Her wedding dress had been used to make my dad's first suit (I have the pattern, but not the suit). And her trousseau underwear featured a "combination" undergarment with wide legs and only a front placket. No open drawers for her, and bras were not yet common.

"But Grandma, how did you --" I asked, thinking how difficult my one- piece coulottes dress was to remove to use the "necessary."

"Oh," she laughed, "we just pulled one of the legs aside!"

    == Marjorie Wilser

=:=:=:Three Toad Press:=:=:=

"Learn to laugh at yourself and you will never lack for amusement." --MW

http://3toad.blogspot.com/