The kind of shoe bags that hang on the back of the door work well for storing
notions and such.  Try to find one with clear plastic pockets.

 Catherine

-----Original Message-----
From: michaeljdeib...@gmail.com <michaeljdeib...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 15, 2011 2:20 pm
Subject: [h-cost] Organizing Hanging Bag System?

> As always seems to happen, my sewing area and supplies have exploded and then
forced back into various places thus scattering pieces and supplies for various
projects. I'm looking for a sturdy, clear bag that I can hang on a hanger,
thereby allowing me to put all supplies, notions, and trims inside and have one
bag per project. That way I can sort what I have and see at a glance what I
have/still need for that project. I'm sure something like what I want exists
but
cant seem to find it. Also wondering what everyone uses if it's a better
method.
As always, I'm looking for economical as well. Any ideas/suggestions?

> Note: Unless they're small pieces or already cut, I keep fabric on bolts or
cardboard so that wouldn't be put in said bags.