Don't blaspheme Jeremy Brett!  I totally disagree that he was robot... I found
him very subtle and the most perfect Holmes!  Yes, he strayed from the book by
having Holmes give up his cocaine addiction but the reasons he did it are sweet
(Brett said he wanted to be a good role model for kids).  And, oh, he wears the
clothes well!  I also like that they didn't resort to the inappropriate
deerstalker cap unless he was outdoors in the country!  And even then they
stayed away from the plaid to not give in to cliche.

Huge Holmes fanatic, huge Brett fanatic.  A marriage made in heaven for me!!
It's only too sad he wasn't able to finish the series.

--Rachel