My favorite thread has been discontinued without so much as a peep. I am preternaturally p.o'd at the venerable Coats & Clark, but now I need to switch threads.

My old favorite was the sometimes deingrated Coats & Clark cotton- wrapped polyester. It had the shine of cotton and the strength of polyester. Coats is now producing it under the same name but it's all polyester.

Ideas? I know some folks out there are thread snobs, but I just want something that's (a) available!! and (b) will hold up. A little (c) affordability and (d) good color range wouldn't hurt either. A basic, workhorse thread!!

Second question: how do you match thread to fabric if you can't actually *compare* them in a store?

==Marjorie Wilser

Three Toad Press
http://3toad.blogspot.com/