At 05:32 PM 5/18/2012, you wrote:
Visited our local Wegman's tonight--hadn't been there in a while. They are a tad far away to be my regular go-to store. But I decided to look for tarragon vinegar, superfine sugar, and starch. Found and bought the first two--don't need them right now, but I'll have them for next time, plus I hope that showed them they should keep them in stock! For starch, they have Faultless liquid, but no powdered. I, personally, don't mind spray starch, but thought you all would like to know you can get it there. I find that spray starch works great for period cravats and shirts. When we were in Florida a couple of years ago, I found pump spray starch, not aerosol--like that, too.

Ann Wass

Just noticed today that my SaveMart has Manischewitz Potato Starch in a 1-lb can for $4.99 (look in the ethnic foods section). There is no reason to prepare your own (unless you like to make lots and lots of potato kugels or latkes); it's very labor-intensive and uses pounds of potatoes to get a cup of starch.

Joan Jurancich
joa...@surewest.net