My poor dummy is in the closet with a broken shoulder right now, but there
are many projects scattered around my studio.

I have been working on a new fitter for myself and just finished a rough
made corset to use as a pattern for a pair of bodies test garment to wear
at a couple of events before I cut the dearly expensive coutil. There is a
black/grey striped tunic cut out with a contrast facing to sew the neck so
I can use it for a class next weekend on trimming corners and curves (which
I need to make some more samples for and write the handout). There is a UFO
blue striped linen Tudor kirtle that I made entirely too large that I have
taken apart to alter (I HATE alterations) and decided I should add some
trim while I had it apart. And lastly a cotton chemise  to finish to go
with the kirtle.

On the beading table is a project to make a Byzantine style gemstone bead
link necklace and some pendants that need leather necklaces. Also a knife
sheath that needs to be repaired.

Finally I am reading *Dress at the Court of King Henry VIII* in preparation
for a research paper/class handout on *Methods and Materials of Late
Renaissance Doublets, Jerkins and Bodies *in June.

Marlo
Lady Meryell Redferne

<http://www.amazon.com/Dress-Court-Henry-MANEY-PUBLICATIONS/dp/1905981414>