I'm seeking images of mid to late 15th century (Yorkist or early Henry VII
era) women's clothing in England
Thus far the only portrait I've found is Elizabeth Woodville
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ElizabethWoodville.JPG I like that
slightly rounded neckline and the contrasting collar but I'm hoping to try
for something that would be more plausible lower down the social scale e.g.
gentry level best dress
I've found some brass rubbings e.g.
http://www.mbs-brasses.co.uk/page245.html
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1406326
http://professor-moriarty.com/info/section/church-monument-art/15th-century-church-monuments-thomas-andrewes-brass-church-charwelton-no
but they don't really help with fabric choice. I'm trying to find more
examples so that I can work out if Elizabeth Woodville's use of a plain
fabric for the gown and a fancier fabric for the collar and cuffs is normal
or an anomaly and especially if matching her mini hennin to the collar and
cuffs is normal (as I've got about 1/2 yd of silk which should just cover
the collar and cuffs but won't manage the hat as well)