Hi. Thomas, I think using a long string like 'h2database.xxx' maybe
abit too long. I think it is better to have as short a header as
possible to reduce space needed for header. Indeed the main header
data should not be changed else risk corrupting the data.

Thomas, why does the second and third line of the '-- H2 0.5/B --' may
get encrypted for encrypted databases ? Is it use as some kind of
string to check if decryption succeed ? If it is so, maybe a shortened
check string like '-- c --' or '? c ?' could come in handy and only
use a single string rather then a couple of them.

To bundle clob and blobs into the main database files can make the
main database file very bulky and slow down H2 significantly. It is
better to leave clobs and blobs on their own for now rather then
allowing them to slow H2 i guess.

Regards,
Thotheolh.