It would be good if H2 could finally squeeze clobs and blobs and all
the data storage into a single file without an significant drop of
performances.

It would be so much easier to handle a single H2 data file then handle
seperated files.

Maybe the H2 data files containing all the data has some sort of data
compression in-built into it by default ?

I think the meaning of 'facilitate locator's implementation' in the
previous reply meant that every time data is fetched from the
database, it is usually sequential from the head to the end of the
data file. If all the data are mixed into just one file (especially
clobs and blobs) which sometimes can have too much data to be loaded
into the memory for caching, when a read operation is done (and the
data or data sets are too big to be stored into a memory cache), data
have to be read sequentially and it would take alot of time to do so.

I am not very good at file based data storage operations since I don't
have much experience in creating database engines. Generally, what
would be used so that blobs and clobs could be stored together in the
same database file as the main data without affecting database
performances ?

Regards,
Thotheolh.