I'm using MVCC and the only problems I've come across appear to be with LOBS (that's ok for me, don't really need them for my use case).

What I mean is that it may have been less work for you to try and fix the H2 source (Seeing the issues seem to all be with LOBS) rather than change to hsqldb (And there would have been other people benefit from that also). Isn't that meant to be one of the good things about open source?

I know, I get it from my programmers all the time (They say there is an issue with the library, so they make their own or work around it, which usually doesn't work very well anyway), I tell them to fix it upstream! that is the whole point!

And it is getting lots of attention, the entire file store is being re-written to accommodate for MVCC right from the start!, that is why they haven't been giving attention to maintaining the current experimental MVCC mode (Please correct me if I am wrong)

On 30/05/2013 2:30 PM, Noel Grandin wrote:

On 2013-05-30 00:34, Jason Pell wrote:
We finally got sick of this issue and migrated to HSQLDB for MVCC and no more missing lob issues. We still use H2, but only for storing configuration stuff that does not need to be updated concurrently. It's a shame more attention has not been shown to this issue, because it was certainly frustrating having to change over to HSQLDB.

It's an open-source project, so I guess the problem would be yours for failing to provide a fix.

(Nobody on this project, to my knowledge, is being paid to work on it).

Now, if you want to provide a test-case for your non-MVCC table lock timeout problem, I could maybe help you there, but the MVCC code is still experimental, so I'm not touching that, especially since we're going to drop it when Thomas' new MVStore engine reaches maturity.