Hi Thomas, thank you very much for your response. That is very encouraging.

I would like clarification on one item:* can I use mvstore reliably without
calling .close().*

There are no hooks in an Android application to cleanly dispose resources.
This is why sqlite databases are opened and shared among components, but
not closed ... because when the application is truly shut down by OS, the
process is simply killed (and the timing of this is unpredictable).

Thanks & regards
-Alex