Unless you have a good RF shield room, it will be difficult to isolate signals
emitted from your device against RF sources in your general environment (ie.
broadcast tv and radio, wi-fi, bluetooth, commercial and public safety 2-way
radio). I've done similar "quick and dirty" measurements w/Hack RF. I first
averaged RF environment for a long time and saved those values (for every
frequency in the target spectrum). Then, I measured w/the device turned on and
subtracted the previously averaged values. Any remaining spikes were either due
to RF noise from the device or an external intermittent RF signal source (i.e.
two-way radio systems as primary source).
I got much better results when I went out to our test facility and did the same
test (same basic methodology) in our RF shield room.
Agreed w/others that FCC test reports for simillar devices are a very good
source for the actual methodology used by a lab (as well as the RF limits
requirements). They are freely searchable and generally public documents.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android