Orna Agmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Eli Billauer wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I don't want to start another voting, and we all know who the winner is
>> (and I'm happy with that one).
>>
>> But I think that the text on the logo is somewhat redundant when it
>> appears in the site. On a T-shirt it's in place, but for the site I
>> think that a clean Tux with Haifa's coast will be much nicer. Not really
>> important, but it always catches my eyes.
>>
>> Any objections?
>>
>>    Eli
>>

> I agree that there is too much text for a logo, but I am cannot make up my
> mind between having the picture -only logo you described, and adding just
>  the word "Haifux" to it.

Logos need to be versatile creatures. Since a logo can be displayed on
different media (T-shirts, screens, letter-heads etc.) slightly
different variations might be needed. Some designs optimized for B/W
(letters), some for thousands of colors (screens), some with insane
sizes (banners) and some with different levels of descriptiveness (texts
inside / under / over).

Having a number of separate versions of the same logo ready for action
is always a good idea.

> BTW, it seems like we can only make up our minds about the English
> spelling. Some people pronounce and write Haifux with HE, and other with
> HET.
>
> Orna.

> To unsub send an empty message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell