On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Orna Agmon wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Eli Billauer wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I don't want to start another voting, and we all know who the winner is
> > (and I'm happy with that one).
> >
> > But I think that the text on the logo is somewhat redundant when it
> > appears in the site. On a T-shirt it's in place, but for the site I
> > think that a clean Tux with Haifa's coast will be much nicer. Not really
> > important, but it always catches my eyes.
> >
> > Any objections?
> >
> >  Eli
>
> I agree that there is too much text for a logo, but I am cannot make up my
> mind between having the picture -only logo you described, and adding just
>  the word "Haifux" to it.

i think that just leaving 'Haifux' in there is a good idea (i already said
that to alon, as a pre-conditoin for voting for his logo ;)  ).

> BTW, it seems like we can only make up our minds about the English
> spelling. Some people pronounce and write Haifux with HE, and other with
> HET.

i always called it haifux, because i thought about it in english (and
because the name was originally conceived in english e-mails). if we were
spanish, we'd use the spanish letter that sounds something between 'he'
and 'het'.

to make a proper translation to hebrew, indeed, we should use a 'het',
since this is a weld of 'Haifa' and 'Linux', and in hebrew, Haifa is
spelled with a 'het'.

hmmm.... should we take a vote on this issue too?

--
guy

"Lucy - prepare the secret ballots!"
   -- Peppermint Patty, "Race for your life, Charlie Brown!" (1977).