On Tuesday June 21 2005 17:25, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > > * you use lyx and not si1452, right?
> >
> > No.
> > si1452 inherited the <AD11>, <AD12> conflict from il(basic) layout, note
> > the include "pc/il(basic)" line.
>
> In the basic layouts AD11 and AD12 remap only group 1. That is: they
> only change they layout when you use a hebrew keymap.

Ok, let me get myself clear. I am talking about four problematic keys. <AE11>,
<AE12>, <AD11> and <AD12>. Not all of them get remapped when you switch to
hebrew, resulting in more than one pair of braces/brackets.

> The Hebrew layout is indeed a qwerty one. If you wish to provide a better
> one, please do.

Hebrew Dvorak? Something like this?
http://people.musc.edu/~adelmaas/Adelmanian_keyboard/
I will be more than happy to do that, if anyone is interested. Or didn't I
understand you correctly? What do you mean when you say "qwerty layout" when
referring to Hebrew? The second level (capitalized) mappings?

> > Then, it overwrites the conflicting lines to
> > provide some third-level key mappings. So the si1452 does not have the
> > problem and the basic layout is the one to blame here, more specifically
> > the part labelled "parens mirroring". On the other hand, lyx layout seems
> > to have the same issue, once you try: setxkbmap "dvorak,il(lyx)", you
> > have three (sic!) braces, two right ones and one left, which is even more
> > confusing for a novice. That is because lyx layout overwrites the <AD11>
> > (minus/underscore) to provide third-level "holam" key.
>
> Have you actually tried it?

Yes. I wrote my answer after looking carefully at the map files and testing
all Hebrew layout variants with Dvorak English keymap as a first loaded one.
Why?

--
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Vasiliev

... Any resemblance between the above views and those of my employer,
my terminal, or the view out my window are purely coincidental.  Any
resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.  The
question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold them
is left as an exercise for the reader.  The question of the existence of
the reader is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.  (A
discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the scope
of this article.)