2008/10/7 Becky Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello,
> I'm Becky, and am new to the HLUG. Er well quick intro I guess... I am 16,
> female, kinda odd, and love Linux.... My distro of choice is Mint.
> Erm well I go to a boarding school for kids with Asperger's (a form of
> Autism) in hampshire, but I actually live in Shropshire, so I'm hoping I can
> attend most of the meetings.
> Sorry if my emails are a bit odd, I read all the rules on the HLUG website
> about posting and keeping it neat and stuff, and I'll try to keep to them.
> If I post things a bit wonky, would appreciate it a lot if you'd tell me.
> Looking forward to becoming a part of the HLUG community!
> :-)
> Becky

Hi Becky,

Although I do not have time to attend the meetings, I have attended a
few, and everyone is very friendly.
I did not find everyone jumping up to say hello to a new person, but
they were all happy to chat about stuff if I approached someone at
random. I learnt about vital stuff I did not know about before going,
for example "Frozen Bubble" !!!
I don't know how you intend to travel to the meeting, but one option
is to ask on the LUG mailing list for a lift. If someone offers, for
security I would double check with some of the Hants LUG commitee
members how well they know the person before jumping in a car with
them. You can't be too careful nowdays.

My involvement in Linux is that I am a Linux kernel developer and I
also contribute to a number of different open source projects.

Kind Regards

James