On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 23:26:55 +0100
Lisi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, assuming that 14 is now the youngest, we have 14 to 79 or 80.
> Which are you, John?  Or am I way off beam, and you too are coy about
> your age?  Or is there now someone older than John Lewis?  We have
> quite a few members in their sixties.  Any claims for seventies? Or
> eighties?

I am only 76 ;-)

but I'm not very likely to get to a meeting now we are living in
Yeovil. (and enjoying a download speed of around 4 times faster than
I was getting in Bournemouth)

PAUL:

As for versions of Debian I am using I have just updated my server
from Etch to Lenny and it was almost painless even though well over
300 packages got updated or replaced.

Booting into a 2.6.26 kernel was a bit more problematic due to udev
conflicts with mdadm so I have gone back to the 2.6.18 kernel for now.

I also forgot that upgrading grub messes things up so it tries to boot
off /dev/sda1 rather than /dev/md0. It took me a while to sort this
out (I must make a note of this somewhere as my memory isn't as good as
it should be, I had this problem last year sometime and hadn't
remembered the solution)

My main system has had Sid on it for as long as I have been using
Debian (8 years +) as I have just moved the original hard disk from
case to case as I have upgraded them.

My Compaq laptop has Lenny on it and my new toy, an Asus PC Eee 900, is
about to have Lenny installed to replace what was on it when I bought
it.

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop