Hi,

On Mon, Nov 24 at 10:30, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> The router is a speedtouch 585v6. It is on a desk by a window in site
> of the Mother-in-law's house. The laptop is on a desk by a window in
> site of the window that the router is behind. The distance between the
> windows is (according to google maps) about 31 meters. There are no
> other houses for at least 75 meters.

Sounds like you need to attach a directional antenna to one end or the
other, preferably at the mother-in-laws end.  Unfortunatly neither end
supports detachable antennas.

I wonder if a passive repeater could be used.  ie. at the mother-in-laws
point a high gain directional antenna at the router in the sister-in-laws
and couple it back-to-back with a semi-directional pointing at the PC.
It's a trick I've seen used to get UHF signals around building, don't
know how well it would work in the GHz range, but might be fun to
experiment with a couple of Pringles cans.
--
        Bob Dunlop