2008/11/24 Paul Stimpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> As someone said you could use cat5 cable at this distance (make sure it is
> "exterior grade" or it won't survive the elements outside)
>
> I recently bought one of these
> http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/1387 it works well with
> Ubuntu and Windows but FC9's faulty NetworkManager has a problem with it.
>
> Its performance is pretty good. It also has a removable antenna so you could
> either get an extension cable and put the antenna outside or buy a nice,
> directional, outdoor antenna. A directional antenna mounted on the wall
> outside and correctly aimed should give you much improved results.

I think I may try one of these
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?EDM-54USB4#top

With a usb extension cable, I can mount this on the window. It is
worth a try, as I think the best alternative is to run a cable, and I
really can't bring myself to do that. Also, if this device does not
work for this application, I am sure I can make good use of it.

--
Philip Stubbs