On Sunday 08 Feb 2009, Paul Stimpson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using SSH2 to log into my home server for so long I can't
> remember exactly what I did to set it up. Yesterday I added a new user to
> the server and I want then to be able to use SFTP.
>
> I'm sure I've done something silly. I think I regenerated all or most of
> the keys after the dodgy key panic last year. I would be really grateful
> for any pointers that might get me closer to the solution.

If you can, I find running the SSH daemon manually in the foreground on the
server with debugging turned on, then trying to connect from the client also
with verbose options usually reveals the problem on one system or the other.
In my case it's usually incorrect permissions on the .ssh directory that does
it or something similar.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
    -- John Lennon