I'm trying to create a bootable CD of my customised image.
No matter what I do, the step on the process where you run mkisofs fails.

I am not alone (judging by the numbers of questions on the internet) in
having problems with this part of the process.

The first point is how do I create the boot.cat file? I can't find this
documented anywhere
If I can't create one then obviously it is going to be difficult if not
impossible to complete this step.
I tried copying one from a live cd but the mkisofs command still says it
can't find the file.

Has anyone come upon this sort of problem before?

Stephen D