> The posts are no more than 1-2 per month and are formatted in such a way
> that people can ether hit delete or open as soon as they see it.
> Alternatively perhaps you can just create a filter just as easily?
>
> On some of the other groups I subscribe to I do make non-Job posts...and
> in fact am pretty sure I have made at least one to the Hampshire LUG too
> relating to Linux media servers and Raid under Linux (SUSE).

I for one don't have a problem with the posts, an exception would be the
recent issue with the repeated posting of the Database which clearly
wasn't going to get a response.

I appreciate the Hampshire targeted jobs and it is certainly interesting
to see what jobs are out there (not that I am looking for a job, or that
any have matched my particular skills so far, but I know other people who
are looking).

So long as they are infrequent (no more frequent than they are currently)
and are not repeatedly advertised then I for one am happy for them to
continue.