Stephen Rowles wrote:
> I for one don't have a problem with the posts, an exception would be the
> recent issue with the repeated posting of the Database which clearly
> wasn't going to get a response.

They are at least flagged in the subject line, which is broadly what the
guidance on the wiki says.

The difficult bit comes when relating the behaviour of an individual to
that on other lists. This is where the LUG Masters list comes in handy
for inter-LUG communication, and if poor behaviour has been identified
elsewhere it seems fair that the appropriate committee member should
take action if the same behaviour seems to be appearing from the same
individual on the HantsLUG list.

Personally though I am much more worried about the effect on the list of
the swearing by Rik than the job posts by jt!

> I appreciate the Hampshire targeted jobs and it is certainly interesting
> to see what jobs are out there (not that I am looking for a job, or that
> any have matched my particular skills so far, but I know other people who
> are looking).

As someone who has posted I think three job adverts to this list for
IT/Linux roles at my then place of employment, I hope it is useful to
post relevant jobs in *Hampshire*. I am pleased that lug.org.uk provides
the linuxjobs list for nationwide "adertivsing" and would suggest that
not only people currently in the job market subscribe to that list.

It's also worth highlighting that to my best recollection I sent each
job only once to this list (also in line with the guidance on the
website) as as part of 8 years of Linux questions and hopefully helpful
advice.

> So long as they are infrequent (no more frequent than they are currently)
> and are not repeatedly advertised then I for one am happy for them to
> continue.

I think it's OK as long as posts are a) in Hampshire b) each job is only
sent once and c) posts shouldn't be more than a couple a month, if that.

My £0.02.

Tony