At 09:16 12/05/2009, you wrote:

>(.....)
>

>I know some people get second hand units, what can be bought for under £300?
>Where is reputable? I think the 12" screen format is probably best, so which
>models are okay to buy second hand and are happy running Debian or other
>Linux distros?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--
>Adam Trickett
>Overton, HANTS, UK
>

>Adam,
>
>As we discussed, I've bought a couple of
>excellent IBM ThinkPads from Sterling XS and
>I've paid considerably less than £300.
>They come with XP installed, but that can be scraped off...

I bought my ibm thinkpad x31 off sterlingxs so it
might of been you who recommended them
before so thanks.

They were fine with me and ibm thinkpads are
built like tanks we great keyboards and
no of that trackpad nonsense. Trackpads are so
annoying compared to the trackpointer.

Martin N

Co-Moderator of MiniDisc,bwfc and amithlonopen yahoo groups.