On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 11:56 +0100, john lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:16:45 +0100
> "Chris. Aubrey-Smith" <cas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As we discussed, I've bought a couple of excellent IBM ThinkPads from
> > Sterling XS and I've paid considerably less than £300.
>
> I'll second that, 2nd hand TPs can be a good buy, not so sure about the
> more recent ones but older TPs are robust and well made and some are
> even reasonably light weight.

The stinkpad I had at work was well built, esp the metal screen hinges,
but I did get through about 4 HDDs in it and had the battery replaced
several times.

I bought myself an HP laptop and it's been excellent so far, multicore
thing that allows hardware virtualisation. plenty of spec to choose
from.  Arrived within a few days of ordering online.

Rob