John Cooper wrote:
> Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> Victor Churchill wrote:
>>
>>> I have bought a couple of Toshibas through EuroPC (www.europc.co.uk)
>>> who are a seller of 'refurbished' kit. Their stock turns over quite
>>> quickly and is often noticeably below retail. They do primarily Dell
>>> but a mix of other makes as well. More verging on a business site than
>>> a personal one perhaps. Quite good pricing and they come up with good
>>> deals sometimes.The laptops I bought were for family members who have
>>> no interest in Linux so they had W* on them, but I have noticed that
>>> EuroPC do also have Ubuntu and NoOS offerings from time to time.
>>>

>> Speaking of refurbished kit, this lot have a good selection:
>>
>>     http://www.portableuniverse.co.uk/
>>
>> I am tempted by one of these:
>>
>>     http://www.portableuniverse.co.uk/All+Laptop+Stock/IBM+T21.html
>>
>> Anyone dealt with them?
>>
>> Sean
>>

> I'd be wary of buying refurbished laptops as have little warranty and
> poor spec. When you can buy brand new laptops like :-
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/159013 £345
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164845 £417
>
> they seem much better value.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

I have always had a soft spot for older Thinkpads though and these come
with a rear's warranty for £200. Still a bit pricey considering the age
I guess.

Sean

--
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.