--- On Mon, 1/6/09, Victor Churchill <victorchurch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Victor Churchill <victorchurch...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Hampshire] A sad day...
> To: "Hampshire LUG Discussion List" <hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk>
> Date: Monday, 1 June, 2009, 12:26 PM
>

> 2009/6/1 Isaac Close <isaaccl...@yahoo.co.uk>
>

> --- On Mon, 1/6/09, Sean Gibbins <s...@funkygibbins.me.uk>
> wrote:
>

> > Richard Danter wrote:
>
> > > And to think I bought my wife an Eee _because_ it
> was
>
> > Linux...
>

> > >    http://www.itsbetterwithwindows.com/
>

> Everytime I try to open this link i am redirected to
> a vodafone page.
>

> That is, on this windows xp machine with a PAYG vodafone
> usb broadband thing.
>
> Does this happen only for the one page, while others are
> retrieved correctly? If so that sounds v. odd. I found with
> a dongle from 3 that it would do that kind of thing for all
> web access if the config was not right, but then behaved OK
> .. ish.

I've only been using it a couple of days. It rejected one site the other day
too.

Vodafone could probably argue that the device is pay-as-you-go and thus no
personal checks are carried out at the time of purchase, therefore they
content-filter everything.

They probably content filter everything anyway and spy on everything everyone
does.

No doubt they'll be running the latest spyware embedded into the 'drivers'
software installation aswell.

One other thing, this costs 15GBP per GB, i'm paying to download unwanted
adverts etc.

Isaac.