Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 23:32:46 +0100, pavithra...@gmail.com said:
>
>> you better give a
>> software which even if updated wont ever break
>
> You're talking about Windows upgrades never breaking?
>
> I'm speechless.

I would *never* recommend Windows Media edition over soemthing like mythTV
even if the owner has a stack of windows games DVD's :-)

For a start MythTv et.al run on low end hardware and cheap TVcards while
MSM requires not only a limited range of high end TV cards but also
one of a limited range fo high end video cards.

I will not even mention DRM and processors/memory requriements.

OK you cannot just walk into a local PC shop and buy a card for MythTV
but them who in their right mind buys stuff on the high street unless
they have to?

Of course, the WinMedia "wont ever break" could be some form of joke
but I have to say I dont get it. IMHO windows media centre is just one
very large security hole.

Jacqui