> Install http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Center and enjoy :D

You are having a laugh. The only people who *enjoy* WMC are those of us
who get paid for fixing it.

> Yes I am suggesting someone to use a proprietary software in a linux
> list but I am afraid that there is no *viable* FOSS alternative :(

As others have said - that's total bobbins. There is an embarrassment of
alternatives. That you choose to claim otherwise speaks volumes...

> This is because of many reasons :
> * Bad Hardware vendors who don't write free drivers .
> *Many proprietary video formats
> *lack of video standards ( Yes MPEG is a ISO standard but mp3,divx thrive
> )
> etc etc etc

Errr - "Cobblers", etc etc etc

> Since you are installing it for a non tech user you better give a
> software which even if updated wont ever break

And you recommend Windows? *Snort* *Giggle* *Guffaw*.

> Yes GNU/Linux updates
> are great but when it comes to some proprietary
> driver/software/plugin/hack updates tend to break more often .

So don't use proprietary software. Stick to FLOSS and life is so much easier.

But that's two extremely provocative and technically incorrect posts
you've made in the last couple of days - are you a professional troll?

Vic.