On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 20:18:46 +0100, step...@rowles.org.uk said:

> In my experience TV card support still sucks and it is very hard finding
> a real person who really has a card that actually works and that you can
> still buy who will give you advice ;)

The MythTV mailing list and website are very helpful in this respect.

> For me I own:
>
> http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=226218&category_oid=

That's just plain irritating. Why do you make your reader(s) click on a
link to find out what you are talking about? Why not just say, "I have a
Blogmeister TelliVee WonderCard"?

> TV cards are still not as good as the support that Windows provides

I'm not sure that makes sense. Maybe you mean that the support for TV
cards under Linux is inferior to that which Windows provides. I couldn't
comment: I don't run Windows, but I suspect that is the case. If Google is
not working you might want to look at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_capture_card