2009/9/7 Daniel Pope <ma...@mauveweb.co.uk>:
> As an aside, my mother complains a lot about Linux even when it does
> /exactly/ the same thing as equivalent Windows software. Linux is
> treating her extremely well, on the whole - it's fast, stable and
> secure, not to mention the availability of free, high quality software -
> but it has become a scapegoat for all the problems she has simply using
> computers.

I run into this with my wife... I've stopped fixing the Windows
installation on the dual-boot laptop so now all the warts are
appearing.  Linux is gradually looking like a better option for her.

Hopefully we'll reach the stage where she doesn't realise she's not
using Windows!

--
Graeme Hilton
Fedora user